Thursday, June 19, 2014

Birchbox Man Review June 2014

I finally got Geoff to take the plunge into the Subscription Box fun.  He's decided to start trying a bunch of new stuff for a better shave.  Since Birchbox was offering the June Box for 50% off, he decided to give it a try.

Birchbox Man operates slightly different than the Woman's Box.  For starters, the Men's box runs $20/month.  You receive 4-5 samples based on a profile you set up (including whether or not you shave) including a lifestyle item that is a nicer, more expensive item.  It is normally shipped out by the 25th of the month prior.  You also still get points for reviewing the items you receive in your box.


Per usual, I'll start in the top left.  First up is Baxter of California Facial Scrub. It has walnut shells in it, which is interesting.  As I mentioned earlier, Geoff is really interested in shaving products, but he was happy to get the face scrub since he doesn't use anything like this.

Next is the Laundress Wash & Stain Bar.  This is something that both of us can use, but it went right into our travel stash since it's something that will come in handy when we're away from home.  It definitely fits the travel theme Birchbox was trying for.

The little jar is Mt. Sapola Body Lotion.  I don't believe Geoff has opened this one yet.  For him, it's not the most exciting thing, but it's something that he'll use.

The most exciting thing for him to receive is the Proraso Shave Cream.  He was happy to get this item since he had purchased the soap by the same brand.  Now he can decide which one he likes more.  This was a win for him.

Finally, the lifestyle item in this box was Tommy John Ultimate Stay-Put Liner Socks.  Geoff was not excited to see these.  He doesn't wear any shoes where liner socks would be necessary.  I, however, do.  So these are now in my drawer!  Win for me!

To be honest, I'm not sure this box was worth the full $20 for us - I'm glad we only paid $10.  We're going to give it one more month before we pull the plug.  I think you really need the lifestyle item to be a hit for this to be worth it. However, now that I've introduced Geoff to Subscription Boxes and all the fancy shave products out there, I'm pretty sure I've created a monster!  If July's Birchbox isn't a hit, he's planning on trying Wet Shave Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment