Friday, June 13, 2014

I have been nominated for a Liebster Award

I was nominated for a Liebster Award by UnBoxing Beauty!    I feel very special!  It sounded fun, so I accepted it and am passing it on.  I’ve never heard of it, so this is all totally new to me!

The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award 
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
9. You cannot nominate the person who nominated you

Here are my questions from UnBoxing Beauty
1. What are your hobbies?
Lately I’ve been really into painting my nails and learning different ways to do my hair & make-up.  I love trying new recipes and baking. I’m also always day dreaming about travel – so if I’m bored, chances are good that I’m planning imaginary trips.

2. What do you value most in a friendship?
Someone who will be there for you, even if too much time has passed since talking last.

3. What era would you have liked to have lived in?
I’d like to think I’d love to see the Renaissance, but then I remind myself that things probably smelled bad and I would have had to go to the bathroom outside.  Then I’m pretty happy I was born when I was.  The early 1900s also fascinate me, but I’m far too headstrong to have survived as a woman back then.

4. What is your favorite skin cleanser?
I’ve pretty much only used Clean & Clear products.  I just got a sample of Vasanti’s BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator in my June Birchbox.  I love it.  It wasn’t harsh on my face and my skin is super soft.  

5. What item can you just not live without?  Could be anything, doesn’t have to be beauty related.
I’d like to think I’m pretty resilient, but as question 3 reminds me, indoor plumbing is definitely something I couldn’t live without.  Ew.  However, going more on the spirit of the question and not taking it so literal, in my beauty routine, I couldn’t live without foundation and/or BB cream.  I’m one of those people who never leaves the house without make-up, but I do leave the house with just foundation/BB cream on.  So probably that.

6. What have you done that you never thought you would be able to do?
It’s probably my move to Rochester when I finished college and didn’t know anyone.

7. What are your favorite scents?
Anything citrus, and maybe vanilla.  I can’t handle overly floral or strong scents as they trigger a migraine.  But a light citrus or vanilla scent in my shampoo in my favorite.

8. If you could pick 3 items to bring to a deserted island, what would they be?
Assuming I would be leaving in a reasonable amount of time and that there are provisions on the island (never say I’m not practical!) I would bring a sack full of books, lots of sunscreen, and a killer hat (my deserted island is very glamorous.)

9. Who is in your lifeboat?  Hint – this means who would you want to be on your side  – could be RL or fictional people.
In real life? My husband (obviously), my parents, my brother, Sam, Jess, Britt, Mike.  They're all my rock (which sounds like a bad thing to have in a lifeboat, but we'll still go with it.)
Fictional? Now I get to show how geeky I really am. Sam & Dean Winchester, The Doctor, Martha Jones (she’s pretty badass), Captain America (I would say Peggy Carter because she is also a badass, but let’s be real, I want the Cap to myself) and the Black Widow.  I’m pretty sure I would be prepared for any emergency.

10. What is your favorite book?
I’m not sure I really have a favorite.  There are too many that I love.  But I will say that I absolutely adore the Bridget Jones series.

11. What was your nickname when you were a child?
I never really had a nickname growing up.  When I was really young though, I used to make a funny face that my parents called my “Goofus McGee” face.  So there’s that.

11 Random Facts
1.  I’m a huge Philadelphia Eagles fan.

2.  I minored in Art in college. And had a 4.0 in my Art classes. I can’t really do much besides draw stick people.  I also majored in Finance. I think the Professors took pity on me.

3.  I’ve finally learned to paint my nails better than a 12 year old!

4.  My celebrity crush is Captain America.  Yes, I know he’s fictional.

5.  I absolutely hate water on my face.

6.  I have a phobia of escalators.

7.  I let my Annual Pass to WDW lapse because I got pissy over Fastpass+.

8.  The more I drink, the more I sound like I’m from Philadelphia.

9.  If Wanderlust was a disease, I would have a severe case of it.

10.  I drive a MINI and I love it.  And NO, it is not too small.

11.  I developed a Nickel allergy about a year and a half after we got married. Now I can’t wear my wedding rings and when we go out in public, old ladies give Geoff nasty looks because they think I’m his mistress.

Here are my questions:
1.  Why did you start your blog?
2.  What is your favorite thing to receive in the mail?
3.  What is your favorite holiday?
4.  If you could plan a trip with no restrictions or limitations, what would it be like?
5.  If you’re a picky eater, what is the one thing you’d love to try?  If you’re an adventurous eater, what is the one thing you refuse to eat?
6.  What celebrity or fictional character would you want to be best friends with?
7.  If you woke up one morning and could speak any language, what would you want it to be and why?
8.  If you could time travel for one day, where would you go and why?
9.  What song can you not help sing along to?
10.  What is the first thing you do in the morning?
11.  If you won the lottery (over $100M) what would you do with the money?

Blogs I nominate:

Urban Mannequin
Holy Grail Beauty
Uncharted 
I Sold The World  
Lipstick Deduction

1 comment:

  1. That was nice, i'd bring the same ting to an island!!

    Enjoying your blog! xoxo

    http://arwasblogpage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete