Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Dining Reviews: Jolly Holiday Bakery & Hungry Bear

After we ran around Fantasyland and caught a few other rides, it was time for breakfast!

A stop at Jolly Holiday Bakery was needed!

Window at the Bakery. 


Bakery selections

Menu
The bakery is themed to Mary Poppins.  It's a very subtle theme, but who doesn't love stained glass penguins?  In addition to baked goods, they also have soups, salads, sandwiches, & coffee drinks.  Both my Mom and I opted for baked goods since it was breakfast, my Mom also got some coffee, but I don't drink the stuff.

Mom's Croissant & My Danish
My Mom opted for the croissant and I chose the danish.  In the case, I thought there were both cherry and cheese danishes, but it turns out they were all half and half.  I'm not a huge fan of cherries, but decided to go with it.  I'm glad I did, the cherries weren't overly "cherry" tasting and as a whole the danish was just the right treat, not overly sweet.  The croissant was delicious (I stole a bite.)  It was served warm, and really how can you go wrong with a warm croissant?

View from breakfast
The seating is ample, but all outdoor. We grabbed a seat up on the porch under the overhang.  It was a great quiet spot for a light breakfast!

For lunch, we came back over to Disneyland.  I had done some research ahead of time and a lot of people suggested checking out the Hungry Bear in Critter Country, so that's where we went!

Sign above the pick-up area
Both my Mom and I opted for the Fried Green Tomato sandwich, with sweet potato fries.

Fried Green Tomatoes!
This was a fantastic sandwich.  It was filling without being heavy, which I always think is a good thing for a lunch in the Parks.  It was a little messy, but that's why there are napkins!  The sweet potato fries were a great change-up from normal fries.  They were done really nicely, with a nice crisp to them.  I would highly recommend this sandwich!  Again, seating was plentiful.  Although I noticed later that there was seating downstairs.  I wish I noticed that earlier because it would have been nice to get out of sun!  We had a decent spot though, we were able to watch the Mark Twain and the Sailing Ship Columbia go by as we ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment