Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dining Reviews: Cozy Cones, Flo's V8, Cocina Cucamonga

Like the day before, we explored the Park a bit before taking a break for breakfast.  Today we decided on a more substantial breakfast so we checked out Flo's V8 Cafe in Cars Land.

I had also heard of a new frozen apple juice drink that you could get at one of the Cozy Cones, so I wanted that to go along with my breakfast.

I went off to secure my juice and my Mom got in line to get our breakfast.

Cozy Cone

Red's Apple Freeze
I was able to get my juice without any problems.  I had heard there were long lines at the Cones, but that must have just been during the first couple weeks.  Red's Apple Freeze is the official name of the juice, and it was in the Cone with the pretzel bites.  You could also get it in a souvenir Cone Cup...but I didn't want to spend $12 on juice.

I loved the juice.  The topping is quite sweet, but it was absolutely delicious when you mixed it with the tart apple juice.  Apparently either the same or very extremely similar drink is coming to the Magic Kingdom as "Le Fou's Brew" at Gaston's Tavern.  I'd be upset that they can't come up with something original if it were so damn delicious.  For real.  I wound up getting this another time during our trip, but I didn't take a picture of it then because I couldn't wait to start drinking it.

I met my Mom as she was getting our food from Flo's and we found a seat in the room that overlooks Radiator Springs Racers.

Breakfast Platter
This was my Mom's choice.  I believe she described it as exactly what you would expect it to be.  Not knock your socks off delicious, but not horrid either.  It was hot, it was breakfast food.  Nothing to write home about...moving on...

Brioche French Toast with Salted Caramel
I had the Brioche French Toast.  Holy caramel Batman!  This was ridiculously sweet.  I mean, I love sweet foods, I have the world's largest sweet tooth and I still found this too sweet.  It has potential, it's just drowning in the caramel sauce.  It was also supposed to be "salted" caramel, but there were maybe 3 pieces of salt on it.  In fairness, the bites I had with the salt were seriously delicious.  But I think you could easily cut the caramel sauce in half on this dish.  In fact, if I were to order it again, I would probably ask for the caramel on the side.

All in all, we'd eat at Flo's again, but maybe order something different.

For lunch, we weren't that hungry, and of course, we had a big dinner coming up with Napa Rose, so we went light.  We stopped at Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill in DCA.

Kid's meal
We both opted for a kids meal.  We had the chicken quesadilla. It came with fruit and rice.  My favorite part was the fruit.  I guess that's kind of sad.  It was just kind of meh.

Next up is Napa Rose.  Spoiler alert! It was much better than either of these meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment