Saturday, November 24, 2012

Dining Review/Disneyland Day 6: Storyteller's Cafe

Finally the last day of our Disneyland trip came.  Of course, we didn't have the shuttle picking us up until later in the morning, so it was first time for a character breakfast!

We opted for Storyteller's at the Grand Californian.  Geoff and I did this breakfast when we came and I really liked it.  My favorite part about it is that you can order off the normal menu instead of the buffet!  Plus there are some more unusual characters that are present instead of the same ones you see everywhere.

Storyteller's
Storyteller's is located in the Grand Californian and has the same feel as the rest of the hotel: heavy into woods and neutrals.  It has a very cozy feeling inside the restaurant.  They have activities for kids going on all throughout breakfast.  It's also not that busy, which means you can see some characters more than once during your visit.

Mickey Waffle
Since I had now been at Disneyland for 6 days and had not eaten one Mickey waffle (for shame!) I of course decided to get the classic.  The bacon was actually decent and I loved the fresh berries on the side.  I enjoyed it!

My Mom opted for the Huevos Rancheros.

Heuvos Rancheros
She also really enjoyed her breakfast option.

Overall, we enjoyed Storyteller's.  We had some great character interaction (Pluto loved my Mom) and we had a tasty breakfast.  A good way to end the trip!

On our way back, we took this series of photos to show my Dad just how close the two parks are!

Center of the plaza
My Mom is standing in the same spot in both photos, just rotated 180 degrees.  That's how close the two parks are together!  It's really nice for park hopping!!

Sadly, our vacation had come to an end.  We used Super Shuttle for the return trip as well and they picked us up right on time (actually early!) and we had no trouble at all getting to the airport and through security.  Well...scratch that.

I had bought as a souvenir the Haunted Mansion Tombstones.  They are maybe 3 inches in height, so they're not very big, and there are three of them.  I had put them in the outside pocket of my suitcase.  In going through security, they must have looked weird, because the TSA agent asked me what was in the pocket.  I of course, said, "tombstones."  Then I realized how odd that must have sounded, so I went to pull them out.  As I was doing that, he asked, "oh, are you in sales? Are they samples?"  I laughed and replied "I'm in sales, but I don't sell tombstones!"  He was laughing when he saw what they were and had to show them to the woman operating the X-Ray.  An amusing encounter to say the least.

Anyway, we made it home without any major issues, so perhaps I might consider Delta if we're flying domestic.  I'm still Anti-Delta if flying internationally though.

And that wraps up our trip out West to the "other" Disney Park.  We had a fantastic time.  I would totally recommend the Fairfield Inn and Super Shuttle if you're planning your own trip! See ya real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment