Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dining Review: Kona Cafe

As I mentioned in my last post, I partied a little too much at Party for the Senses and spent most of the next day in the hotel room.  Geoff went to our tequila pairing lunch, but I stayed behind.  I did venture out of the room that evening, but we just strolled around the Boardwalk and Epcot - nothing exciting I'll have him do a write up on the lunch at some point, but in the mean-time, I'm going to continue with our Anniversary trip the day after that!

On Monday morning, I woke up starving.  Our original plan was to go to Kona on our last day (Tuesday), but we decided to go to the Dark Side on Tuesday instead (Universal.)  I tried getting a reservation on my phone before leaving the Swan, but nothing was available.  We decided to give it a try and worst case scenario we'd just eat at Captain Cook's downstairs.

Om nom nom
We grabbed a cab from the Swan to the Polynesian.  We didn't feel like messing around with moving the car or having to go to the Magic Kingdom and then over to the Poly, so we opted for the cab.  In no time at all we were pulling up to the Poly!
Kona is located upstairs at the Poly.  There was a bit of a line to check in, but it didn't look like there would be too much of a problem (unlike 'Ohana next door whose line was ridiculous.)  We put in our name and 5 minutes later they called us!  Not too shabby.

We had a great table next to the lobby, so we could people watch pretty easily.  Geoff knew exactly what he was going to get, but I was torn.
Tonga Toast
Geoff went with the Tonga Toast and their special juice mix.  It was as good as ever.  I love the Tonga Toast, but it sits like a brick in my stomach for the rest of the day, so I knew I wanted something else.

I eventually settled on the Macadamia Nut pancakes.
Macadamia Nut Pancakes
Mmmm!  This was the first time I tried the pancakes.  It was a good move, they were excellent!  The pineapple was fresh and added just enough brightness.  I loved the macadamia nut butter too.  I would totally get these again!

We had our anniversary buttons on, so we also received a special treat before we left.
Cupcakes
We each took about a bite, but we were stuffed!  They were tasty, but we just couldn't eat another bite!

Kona definitely remains our favorite breakfast spot at WDW.  The service is good and the food is excellent. I love that they have some different items on the menu that makes it a little more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment