Friday, June 29, 2012

Disney Dining Review: Tutto Gusto!

Last weekend I was feeling a bit of Cabin Fever.  It happens whenever I have a full office week instead of traveling.  So Saturday we went furniture shopping (please, try to contain your excitement) and Sunday I decided I really wanted to go to Epcot.

Yes it was raining.

Yes that rain was being caused by a Tropical Storm.

Still, I thought it sounded like a fantastic idea, so I was off!  I have been wanting to try Tutto Gusto since it opened at the beginning of May.  So once I got into the park and secured a poncho, I made my way back to World Showcase.


On my way, I saw Maelstrom had a 5 minute wait.  And by 5 minutes, they mean however long it takes you to walk through the queue.  I was the only one on the boat!  Super creepy.

As a whole, World Showcase was pretty quiet.  Probably due to the fact that it was absolutely pouring.  When I got back to Italy, the very nice Cast Member grabbed me a plastic bag to put my poncho and umbrella in.  I then settled in at a nice two-top table with a menu.

I decided to start off with a glass of Prosecco:
It was crisp and chilled and quite nice on a rainy day!  The wine menu was quite large, both by the glass and by the bottle.

There were so many things on the menu I wanted to try.  The bruschetta was calling to me, so I decided that I would need to get that, but it probably wouldn't be enough on its on, so I also ordered the Polenta, which I had heard was excellent from the WDWToday Podcast.

Bruschetta

Polenta
The bruschetta was so good.  The tomatoes were fresh, not too oily and just enough salt to really bring out the flavors.  Now, the tomatoes were a little large, so I wound up eating all of them with a fork and then ate the toast by itself.  Still excellent if not traditional!

The polenta was creamy and cooked perfectly.  I loved the mushrooms and fontina with it.  I totally loved it.

All in all, I loved Tutto Gusto.  The staff was very friendly (even though I was by myself), the restaurant itself was like a little quiet getaway.  You totally forget that you're in the middle of a theme park.  I really love the way Disney has created these little bars in Epcot.  Between Cava del Tequila and Tutto Gusto...it really makes for a nice adult respite from the crowds and screaming children.  Of course, now I have to choose where to go.  Little sacrifices.

In case you're curious at how much it really was raining, this is what greeted me after my lunch:


Welcome to Sunny Florida!!

No comments:

Post a Comment