Friday, October 5, 2012

Food & Wine Booth Reviews

When I last left off, we had just visited Florida Local.  Our next stop was to another US Tropical State - Hawaii!

Pork Slider - Hawaii
First - for the pork slider.  Geoff took his fork and stole the pineapple on top.  Insert sad face here.  The slider was good, but nothing wowed me about it -- maybe because it would have been better with the pineapple!  Though I forgot to grab a napkin at this both and the pork was juicy enough that I needed it.  I'd give it a solid 3.  Not my favorite item, but it wasn't bad.  Just not that memorable.

Tuna Poke - Hawaii
Yes - we got the tuna again (though it's a repeat picture.)  Still excellent, still recommended.  I think I could eat this every day and be happy.  Still a 5. 

Our next stop was at the Caribbean both for some beverages.

Dragon Berry Colada - Caribbean
We decided to try both the Dragon Berry one and the Cherry-Lime one.  They looked virtually the same, so I only took one picture.  The Dragon Berry was sweet and tasted like strawberries.  The Cherry-Lime one was tart.  Geoff took one sip of the Cherry-Lime and knew he would be drinking the other because I love tart drinks.  I guess I'll forgive him for the pineapple incident since he gave me the Cherry-Lime without any prodding from me.  I think I'd give the Dragon Berry a 2...too sweet for me.  And the Cherry-Lime a 4.  It would be a 5, I certainly liked it a lot, but it was expensive for what you get at $7.75.  For another $5 (or less) I can go into Mexico and get a fricken amazing margarita that will knock me out.  I pick the margarita.

Rice Pudding - Scandanavia
I wanted to end our trip with something sweet, so we headed back to Scandanavia and I tried the rice pudding.  I don't remember ever trying rice pudding before, so I was intrigued.  I really liked it.  It was just sweet enough to satisfy my sweet tooth without being too sweet for a hot day.  I would get it again, a solid 4.

And that wraps up the Booth Reviews from the first weekend!  We won't be back (seriously...I don't think so) until the end of the month for our anniversary trip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment