Monday, October 1, 2012

Disney Dining Review: ABC Commissary

Happy October!!

The other week Geoff and I went to Hollywood Studios for the day.  We had some trouble coming up with a place for lunch and eventually decided to give ABC Commissary a try.

In fairness, ABC Commissary doesn't have the best reputation.  I haven't been in years because I've never been impressed with their food.  But we wanted to be indoors, and at the Studios, that severely limits your options.  Considering the last time I was there I went to the Backlot Express, we decided to give ABC Commissary a shot.
Menu board
When you walk in, there are seating areas to your left and right, with the ordering up ahead.  We had a fairly early lunch, so there wasn't really any line to order.

We waited a decent amount for our food.  Since it wasn't crowded, I thought it was a little too long.  I opted for the "Chicken Blue" sandwich.  It was grilled chicken with blue cheese on top.  You could get either fries or apple slices.  I opted for the apple slices.

Chicken Blue Sandwich
My chicken came out hot and juicy, but a little on the tough side.  It was decent, but not fantastic.  Since it was billed as a chicken blue sandwich, I was expecting a good blue cheese flavor.  Instead there was a slice of unknown cheese and maybe a teaspoon or so of blue cheese dressing.  Mild blue cheese dressing.

I understand that you need to appeal to a wide variety of palates, but I don't think anyone who doesn't like blue cheese would even order the sandwich.  So I was disappointed, mainly because I was expecting more.

Geoff opted for the cheeseburger:

Cheeseburger
I just asked Geoff what he thought of his burger.  He said it was pretty good.  He didn't think it was the best cheeseburger ever, but it was decent.

So overall, I probably would go back to ABC Commissary again.  It's air-conditioned, which is always a plus.  I don't think I would ever recommend going out of your way to eat there, but the quality was there, I just think it could be more.

No comments:

Post a Comment