Thursday, August 9, 2012

Disney Dining Review: Captain Cooks/Aloha Isle

A few weeks ago I decided I needed a little Disney magic in my life, so I went up to the Magic Kingdom for the day.

I got there right at opening (which is my #1 tip for anyone heading to Disney!) so I enjoyed the atmosphere as the Magic Kingdom was waking up for the day.



Of course, that means that at 11am, I was ready for a snack!  I stopped by Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip:
I opted for the Pineapple and Vanilla Soft Serve swirl.  It was perfect for something sweet and cold!  Of course, I'm a fan of pineapple, which always helps!  If you are a fan of pineapple and have never tried this treat before, I would definitely recommend checking it out!

After my treat, I ran into the Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Parade.

Around lunch time, nothing in the Magic Kingdom sounded that great to me, so I decided to take the boat over to the Polynesian for lunch.  The boat from the Magic Kingdom over to the Polynesian also stops at the Grand Floridian, and everyone I was on the boat with got off at that stop!  So I wound up with a private trip from the Grand Floridian to the Polynesian.  So that was fun. And a little awkward.  But mostly fun!

Once at the Polynesian, I made my way down to Captain Cooks.  Captain Cooks is the quick service location at the Poly.  It's downstairs, fairly close to the pool area.  They offer ordering via kiosks and a self-serve drink area.  There's not a whole lot of seating indoors, but there's a decent amount just outside.  Because it was July and about 2pm...I opted for indoors!  For my meal, I decided to go with the Adult Grilled Cheese with Chips.
The grilled cheese had a few different cheeses, a slice of tomato, and was served on multi-grain bread.  It was really tasty and not that greasy, which sometimes happens with grilled sandwiches.

While I would get the sandwich again, I would not opt to go with the chips.  I had these chips once before and didn't care for them then either.  I don't know why I decided to try again!  Unlike the sandwich, the chips were greasy.  And I find them to be fairly bland.  Just boring. And not very good.

Final verdict? I would return to Captain Cooks, I would just avoid those chips!!

No comments:

Post a Comment